Miss Priss











{Monday, March 05, 2007} I am such a great mom!!! (Can you hear the sarcasim)
I had to take K to the doctor today.

A couple of weeks ago her room lead at her daycare mentioned something to J. K seems to shake a LOT when she does stuff. We'd never noticed it, so J passed it off as her getting overly excited. Then a few days later I took K into daycare and the room lead talked to me about it. She seemed genuinely worried. So I started to keep an eye on her. Know what I found??? She really did shake. It was more like a tremor. (Think of someone with Parkinson's) So I started to watch her even more closely. She was shaking quite often. The room lead talked to J again and mentioned that she has been watching K and has noticed that the only time she is not shaking is when she is eating. That weekend K slept in my bed with me and I woke to the weirdest thing. She was shaking in her sleep!

So I called the doctor.

Today was her appointment. While watching the doctor do some simple tests I found out that this shaking was a LOT worse than I thought. She shakes her head, both arms (her left shakes worse than her right) and her left leg. And she shakes BAD. We now have a neurology appointment for further testing.

Oh why am I such a great mom? Yeah I feel bad that I wasn't the one who noticed this in the first place. Heck I don't even know how long this has been going on. The room teacher noticed it on her first day with K. So she has been watching her for a month now. Yeah she has been shaking at LEAST that long. But the kicker is this...

When I got home and dropped K off with my mom I told her about the appointment. The doctor asked if K happened to have some sort of head trauma happen to her. Nothing that I could think of. Of course I'm thinking recently. My mom pointed out the trauma from just over a year ago when she fell of the bed and cracked her head on the tile floor. Yeah remember those lovely posts about her bald spot? When she hit the floor so hard it killed the hair follicles and she went bald there? Yeah that trauma could possible be the cause of this. What's weird is that later in the day my mom took K to the park to play. While there another lady says to K "you must be freezing you're shaking so bad" and K responds "I'm not cold I just shake all the time." So my mom and this lady start talking. Apparently this lady, when she was little, was hit on the head with a rake. A few years later she developed something similar to Parkinson's. She went through 5 different medications to try to get it under control.

So I'm sitting here thinking... I wonder if this would be happening if I had taken K to the doctor for her goose egg and not waited until the bald spot happened. Maybe if I had been home all along and not gone to work, for selfish reasons, I would have noticed her shaking and not had to rely on someone else to see it. I know I can't change what had happened but I sure am playing the what ifs right now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera