Miss Priss











{Tuesday, January 09, 2007} What to do, What to do
As many people know, I was a pretty wild teenager. That "wildness" led to me getting pregnant at a pretty young age, 17 to be exact. I was a single mom until just after R turned 3. From the day I met J he has taken R in as his own. He treats him like his own flesh and blood. But now R is starting to really ask about his bio-dad. I'm answering all of his questions honestly. I'm not talking bad about bio in any way. Suddenly, last night, R asks if he can meet bio. I knew this day would come, but I didn't think it would come so soon. Bio ran away when he found out R was his son. He asked for a paternity test because I didn't put him down on the birth certificate. Actually I left it blank. When I agreed to the test is when he fell off the face of the earth. I know where he is living, no I'm no stalking him. I just don't know what to do. How do I tell J that R wants to meet bio? I don't want J to be upset. I know he wouldn't keep R from bio. But I'm sure his feelings will be a bit hurt. And how to I contact bio after all these years? He still hasn't even acknowledged that R is his son.

Anyone have any ideas/advice? I'm open to suggestions here.


2 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but i would let his biological father know that he is asking about him to see if this is something that he wants to do, since it has been so long it may be something that he dont want... and then just let your son know what he has said so that he dont get his feelings hurt and think that you are hiding something...

5:03 PM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should definitely let him see him. afterall he is his bio. father. doesn't mean he's his dad, but if you refuse your son that right he could end up resenting you for it in the long run. no matter why the bio stepped out of your lives, at least give him the option now. i don't think your husband should feel hurt in anyway, its only natural that he would want to meet his biological dad. good luck i know you will do whats right for everyone involved.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera