Miss Priss











{Wednesday, July 19, 2006} Stress Relieved
So I couldn't sleep last night. I kept running through my head every possible option for my interview. Then I started running daycare options through my head. The child development center here is only open until 5:00 pm. I have no clue what time the boys & girls club closes. I still can't get a hold of family child care. So I was wondering what child care options do I have? This position that I'm applying for has hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. I don't have anyone here who can pick the kids up from daycare before it closes and keep them until I get there. J could do it when he's home, but his schedule is so uncertain I could never count on him. IF I find a family child care home that is open past 6:00 that would work. But then it donned on me. It would be near 7:00 pm by the time I picked up the kids and got home. We would have to make dinner quickly and then bath/shower and head to bed. I wouldn't be able to spend any real time with them in the evenings. As it is K and A have a bedtime of 7 pm. R has a bedtime of 8. So I would be keeping my kids up past their bedtimes on a regular basis and making them get up early everyday. That's not fair of me to do something like that to them. As for spending time together, the only decent time we would get would be in the morning when we're getting ready to head out. Oh and we'd have weekends too, but still that's not enough. The kids deserve more. They deserve a mom. Dad is barely around due to his work schedule, they need someone they can count on.

So I called the company and cancelled the interview. I'll keep looking and hope I find something that works better for our schedule. Otherwise I'll just keep calling the education center and hope I can finally get a hold of someone to help me go back to school.


1 Comments:


Blogger Elleoz said...

Aww! Big hugs to you! I am sorry that the interview didn't work out, but you have to look at it like maybe it wasn't meant to be.

It isn't a bad thing to want to spend time with your kids. Something better will come along. Have faith and hang in there!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera