Miss Priss











{Friday, November 18, 2005} I Give Up
Yesterday R was suspended from school. For some strange reason he felt the need to drop his pants and expose himself to his entire class. This is so unlike him, he is usually freaked at the though of people seeing him in his underwear, including his baby sister and baby brother. Yet he's suddenly willing to expose his "junk" to his class? It really doesn't make any sense to me.

When I asked him why he did it, he said he thought it would be funny. Yeah it's so funny everyone forgot to laugh.

When I got the call I broke down crying. I can't believe a raised a kid like this? Where did I go wrong? Instead of him getting better things are still getting worse.


2 Comments:


Blogger Jerry Novick said...

First off, Brandi - do not blame yourself. You obviously care very deeply about your children and have made efforts to guide and help R. I think at this point it can be assumed that in R.'s case, there is a chemical imbalance that is excacerbating behavioral problems.

While the medical issues are being sorted out - and deep patience is needed for that, because it does take time - perhaps you might want to read up on dealing with strong-willed children, to help you formulate strategies for dealing with the behavior. There are many books out there on the subject of strong-willed children (Dr. James Dobson is one author who comes to mind) and on parenting kids with ADHD-type disorders and other behavioral problems.

Good fortune and God bless. We'll be praying for all of you.

9:52 AM  


Blogger X said...

having a joint poem thingy at my blog, do drop by and write someth if yer have the time ^^

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera