Miss Priss











{Tuesday, November 08, 2005} So Much to do and NO WAY to do it
So last week the company decided they wanted to move things around on our server to make things more "user friendly". They also decided that they wanted to start making us change our passwords every two months. Oh what fun.

So everything was to go into effect last night and we "shouldn't notice a difference" when we come in today. The only thing different would be that we are prompted to change our passwords. So what happens today? I come in and sign onto my computer. I'm NOT prompted to change passwords. I proceed to start working. I hit print and nothing happens. So I try to print something else and again, nothing happens. So I decide maybe I needed to restart my computer. So I restart, now I can't sign into my computer AT ALL!!! Okay, stay calm, there has to be a logical explanation for this. I call "J" to come help me get set up.

"J" comes on over and suddenly says "oops". I forgot about your computer when we were updating the server and we totally deleted it from the server. OMG okay we can fix this. "J" goes back to the server and adds my computer in. I sign in and WHAT?!?!?!? OMG OMG OMG, EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER IS GONE!!! I can't do any work, I don't have a time card now, EVERYTHING is GONE!!!!

So now it's been an hour and a half and she is still working on it. Trying to pull up something that even somewhat RESEMBLES something that I work on. She's not having any luck. So I'm sitting at an empty desk today, pretending to work. And hoping this issue gets resolved soon so that I can meet my deadline on some of my things.


2 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch that sucks! Won't they give you an extension because it isn't your fault?

10:40 AM  


Blogger Brandi1977 said...

Damn! That's terrible!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera