Miss Priss











{Wednesday, October 26, 2005} The Weirdest Thing
I have never heard of this happening, it is so weird.

About 3.5 weeks ago, K was jumping on her bed and fell off, cracking the back ofher head on the hard tile floor. It was so horrible, instantly the spot that she hit swelled up to larger than my hand and it was all squishy. It was ANSTY. Anyway, she didn't have any other problems so I didn't bother taking her to urgent care. J and I just kept an eye on her to make sure she didn't show any other problems.

Okay so now fast forward to the past couple of days. Over the weekend, I was combing her hair and pulling it up into a ponytail. While I was combing it I noticed that she was losing a LOT of hair. I didn't think much of it though, I just figured she was shedding like I do from wearing my hair up so much. Then last night I was brushing her hair, after her bath, and I noticed something really disturbing.

Her goose egg is still there, only now it's rock solid and it's the size of a quarter (maybe a tad larger). AND she's completely BALD on that spot. She has NO HAIR!!!!! Her hair wasn't falling out from wearing it up, it was falling out for some other reason.

So I called the doctor this morning because I have NEVER heard of something losing their hair due to an injury like that. When I talked to the nuse she instantly became very concerned about the hair loss. So now I have an appointment to take her in to have her head examined.


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is scary.

10:42 AM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh.. for future reference... whenever a child hurts their head, you need to get them to the hospital. ASAP!

Last month a child was brought into the ER who was seizing... she had fallen down some stairs and hurt her head... her brain swelled... parents didn't think there was anything wrong with her... until she started having seizures the next week. The kid was in the PICU for two weeks. They don't know yet if she will have a permanent siezure disorder or not, but the doctors say that the whole thing could have been prevented if she'd been taken to the ER when she bumped her head.

12:20 AM  


Blogger funlearning said...

Thanks for the info Anon.

8:36 AM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera