Miss Priss











{Thursday, October 20, 2005} What a scary morning
Well this morning my kids and I came close to death by poison. I got up this morning and it was FREEZING in our house. So I turned up the heater a bit so the kids would stay warm. I got ready for work then got the kids up. We had just finished getting dressed and were about to head out the door when suddenly I heard an alarm going off. It sounded a lot like our fire alarm so I go into the hall to check it out. I figured out that it wasn't our fire alarm afterall, IT WAS OUR CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR!

I had no idea who I needed to call for this. So I called my mom so she could direct me to the right person. She said to get the kids out of the house and call maintenance. So that's what I did. I called maintenance and they never showed up by the time I had to leave to take R to school. I had all my windows and doors open and luckily the detector stopped beeping and went back to green by that time. I called maintenance back and let them know that it stopped but that I really thought it was because of everything being open. They said they would stop by later and check it out, but I had to go to work so I have yet to hear back from them.

It's just scary to think that had I not had that detector I would have never known that there were rising levels in my house. I really hope they come check it out soon, I don't want to go through this again anytime soon.


5 Comments:


Blogger ShutteredEye said...

GOOD LORD!!

You did the right thing. And I would have demanded that it be looked at immediately!! CO poisoning is not anything to sneeze at.

11:18 AM  


Anonymous nina said...

Wow that is scary!

12:20 PM  


Anonymous angela said...

I cannot believe that they did not check that out as soon as possible. There is no excuse for that.

11:16 AM  


Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Yikes. That is scary. Good thing you thought quickly and got them out of the house and opened the windows. Great job Mom!

11:42 AM  


Blogger Queen of Spain said...

That is just nuts! Call the fire department too! That will get maitenace out there fast!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera