Miss Priss











{Tuesday, August 23, 2005} Allergic?
Is it possible to suddenly become allergic to your dog? We've had our dog for about a year and a half now. And for the past couple of days when ever I get near him I start having a serious allergy attack. My head is killing me from sinus pressure and my throat aches from all the sneezing and coughing. I feel like I'm dying a slow and painful death. This morning I forced myself to clean the house real well to get rid of what ever is causing this horrible allergy. Everything was fine and dandy until the dog got out of his crate and started running all over the house. Now I'm back to where I started from. Oh if only I could get over this misery.


4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope not. We've only had our pup for 3 months and don't think we'd be able to give him up. And I'm already allergic to cats!

4:07 PM  


Blogger Story Charms said...

You certainly can - cats too. It happened to me ages ago and I was gutted, I loved that cat. Luckily, my Mum took her in; I really couldn'tlive with her. And that was after about ten years!

Good news - there are shampoos and lotions available either online or from your vet / pet superstore, that remove or neutralize the main cause of the problem - which is 'dander' - in other words, your dog's normal skin cells after they are shed. A HEPA filter vacuum cleaner is another must.

So don'tlose heart - help may be at hand!

4:28 PM  


Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks for your comment. I don't know about the dog...My husband was allergic to our baby for awhile right after he was born..comes to find out it was the baby detergent. I have a new site with party planning ideas...www.mymommycentral.com
Maybe it can help with the b-day party! good luck!

7:59 PM  


Blogger Giu said...

It's easy to find out what you're allergic to, just go and get tested for allergies. They will give you answers and a cure tailored on your problems.
Some drugs have annoying side-effects like making you dizzy, sleepy or increasing your appetite and so on, therefore you better put yourself in the hands of a professional. Good luck :)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera