Miss Priss











{Tuesday, August 09, 2005} Planning A Party
So I'm in the process of planning a birthday party for my kids. This is a bit of a different party since I'm having just one party for all three kids. I'm doing this for a couple of reason, first off Randee and Aaron have birthdays so close together that I can't see throwing two seperate parties in a one week period. Second, Jason is out of town until mid-August and I'd really like him to be at the party too, so we're gonna wait until after he gets home. Third, by the time we have the party for the boys it'll be Kelsey's birthday too. So that's why I'm just having one party for everyone.

I know Randee wants to have a BMX motocross theme which should be pretty easy. If I can't find decorations I'll just use all his ribbons and trophies to decorate. LOL Kelsey and Aaron really get excited watching the races so I think the BMX theme would be a really good one. I already have lots of games that everyone can play so I'm okay there.

Now I want this party to be extremely memorable and just flat out nice since it'll probably be our last party near my family. So this party is not just for the kids but for the adults as well. This won't be one of those parties where the parents just drop their kids off and come back to get them a couple of hours later. My biggest hurdle it trying to figure out what to feed everyone. I want to have a decent meal, but something different than what everyone else always has. Usually a party around here consists of enchiladas, beans, rice and tortillas. Which is good and all, but my kids hate that food and I'm getting really tired of it. My kids dont' like sandwiches of any kind so that's out of the question. But hamburgers and hot dogs just seem too simple. On thing that is making this decision so difficult is my family. They are so rude when it comes to things like this. If I don't make a complete meal they get mad and will sit there and complain the entire time they are around that there wasn't enough food. So I need to make sure that what ever it is I serve, it's filling. And I'm hoping to come by something that won't keep me in the kitchen all day, if that is at all possible.

So I'm sitting here racking my brain on what I can serve. If anyone out in cyber land has any ideas or experience in this type of situation I would greatly appreciate it.


1 Comments:


Blogger funlearning said...

Thanks for the ideas and comments. I've decided to tell the family where to go if they complain and just do simple finger foods. I'm just gonna make sure that the invitation states it's a cake and icecream social.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera