Miss Priss











{Tuesday, August 16, 2005} The Child From H*LL
How do you handle the child from hell??? I have tried all sorts of discipline. And I have tried them for longer than a week so it's not because I'm inconsistant.

Today, like every other day, "K" refused to do anything I told her. I have learned not to ask her to do things because she'll just flat out say no. So I tell her to clean up the toys that she threw all over the living room. What do I get? "But that makes me too tired". So I respond with a "then you can take a nap afterwards", didn't go over too well. And now, 3 hours later, the toys are still all over the living room.

Then, when she wasn't throwing toys around, she decides she's gonna beat up on her baby brother. I try pulling her away from him only to have her go right back at him as soon as my back is turned. I can't take my eye off of her for less than a minute, otherwise something horrible will happen.

You think I'm kidding when I say horrible don't you? Well here's the kicker. After I layed "A" down for a nap "K" decided that she needed to go potty. She tells me to go watch her go pee. I told her I was NOT going to watch her pee. So I head into the kitchen to find something for lunch and to get the clothes out of the dryer. I got the clothes out of the dryer and onto the loveseat when she hollars out to me that the toilette is "throwing up". I'm think okay this is an old toilette and it backs up quite often, I just need to plunge it. I head towards the bathroom to find that the hall is flooded with 2" of water. Not only that but three of our four bedrooms are flooded just as bad. I had to wake "A" up to clean up the water in his room and he wasn't too happy about that. The part I wasn't too happy about was all his toys on the floor that were RUINED. Oh and wanna know how the toilette started "throwing up"? "K" decided it would be fun to take a brand new roll of triple roll toilette paper and flush it all at once. Yeah you read that right, the whole thing stuck in the toilette.

So what do I do? Any suggestions? I don't know how to handle this child. I swear she is gonna be the death of me. No one even wants to babysit her for these same reasons.


6 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call Nanny 9-1-1.

I dunno what to tell you.. I've never had kids, and don't plan to for awhile, so alls I can really do is wish you luck.

3:33 PM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try severe beatings. A kid can't get into much trouble if it can't walk.

3:45 PM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long have you tried them? I know you have 3 kids, but pick out straight out that will cause no harm to the child and is best for them in YOUR terms. Then stick with it. The child WILL try and break you. They will assume because every other time maybe even after months, you have changed before, you will change now. Don't. No. Matter. What. This is where you are the parent and you pick what is best and you stand firmer then if someone has poured concrete around your shoes.

Once as a teacher, I've had problems kids and parents have told me they tried eVERYTHING and for long periods. Well a long period can be a year or more. And I pick the thing that works best for the parent and will for the child even though they hate it and because I do nothing else, the child breaks by mid year-that's at least 3 months-up to 6 because I worked a private school with childcare, we saw some kids year-round.

And it will be hard because they are tricky and sweet and bad, and innocent all at once. And you are busy with multiple things but you can do it!! I have faith.

I wish I lived by you, I would LOVE to babysit. Seriously! LOL You can do it Brandi, it's MUCH easier said then done, but it can be done. I've had to physically hold children(1-8 yrs of age) in time-out to make my point.

Think positive and think smart. And yes, she probably is out to get you. I'm totally serious too.LOL

Also hi there! Found you!LOL

1:50 AM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there :)

I used to be so frustrated because I couldn't find a form of punishment that worked for my son. He has done things similar to the roll of toilet paper, believe me. We tried spanking, time outs in his room, taking toys away, etc and nothing really got the results. We were consistant for weeks with these things but still they didnt' work. We found the one thing that does... we got a timer and when he misbehaves he goes into the corner (in the foyer where he has to stand up, no sitting) and we set it for 5 minutes. He has to stand there without talking and if he does talk I add a minute to the timer. He stood there for 20 minutes the first time before he got it through his head that I wasn't messing around. Now I ask him, "do you want to go to the corner" and he straightens right up. I'm consistant with it so he knows there is no loopholes. It works wonders with my 3 year old too (though she stand there for 3 minutes instead of 5). Maybe give it a try. I feel for you. Hugs.

8:12 AM  


Blogger funlearning said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'll definitely try the corner thing and stick with it. Let's hope she caves before I do. :D

11:49 AM  


Blogger lobo5747 said...

Send her to me Brandi, I'll beat some sense into her.

Haha, just kidding. HOwever, if you need a babysitter, you know how to get ahold of me. I won't beat her, I promise.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera