Miss Priss











{Saturday, November 26, 2005} Waste
What a waste of time. I am already SO DONE with this holiday season.

First off, I'm not even in a festive mood. Thanksgiving didn't even feel like a holiday. We had the dinner and a little bit of family over, but it still wasn't festive. It was a quick eat and that's it.

Then yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to put up the tree. I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving, but not this year. I also LOVE going shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but again, not this year. Instead I spent the day at Rs doctor and then dealing with moody, bratty little kids.

So today, I figure I'd better make myself be festive. If I wait for the mood it'll never happen. At least not at this rate. So I put up te Christmas tree. I have the kids help me, only to have them tell me "this is boring" after hanging three ornaments. So I finish the tree and all the decorating myself. Then everyone is in a crappy mood the rest of the day. So to try to brighten things up, and bring more Christmas cheer, I suggest that we take a ride and look at the lights that are on display. Actually, I really wanted to do this in hopes that it would get me out of my funk. Didn't work.

Just before we get to our exit on the freeway, I come upon a car accident. We didn't realize how bad it really was since it was pitch black out. I had something hit my windshield and now I'm hoping that it didn't get cracked. I'll look at it tomorrow, when it's light outside.

So we finally get to our destination. We get out of the car and walk towards the light display. Before we even get to the display R declares that he needs to go potty. Well the restrooms are all the way across the parking lot, in the other direction. So we turn around and head to the restrooms. R goes into the bathroom and sits in there for a while. When he comes out his pants are soaking wet and he's crying that he couldn't unbutton his pants. HELLO MCFLY!!!!!! You have to take your mittens off first!!! OMG so my mom tells him to put his coat down (he's holding it up) and that you won't even be able to see the wet spot. He refuses. So I say "ok well let's go home then." K freaks out that she wants to see the lights. R freaks on K and yells to her that he doesn't want to walk around so everyone can see his pants. I hollar that we are LEAVING and that's that. So we get back in the car and drive the 45 minutes back into town.

As soon as we get off the freeway, K suddenly starts playign with her McDonald's cup. I tell her to put the lid back on so it doesn't spill. She says "I drank it all and there's just ice". I can hear the drink swishing around in the cup and tell her again to put the lid back on before it spills. Just then she drops her almost full cup on the floor of the car. OMG I just wanted to cry by that point. First R and now K.

So I pull over so I can clean up the drink as soon as possible. I don't want too much soaking into the flooring. But there was so much soda that I wasn't able to even the slightest difference in the wetness.

Sp that is my evening. We set out for some family fun and ended up with CRAP.


2 Comments:


Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

It's funny. Nobody I know likes Christmas, but everybody feels like they have to celebrate it.

9:03 PM  


Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Brandi -

I find myself thinking about your current situation, hoping to find some advice I can offer or words of comfort I can give. You are truly under a testing of epic proportions. With your husband away and the struggles with your children, you are being taxed in ways you've never imagined.

The only advice I can find to give, the only comfort I can offer, is prayer. Mere doctors and medicine is not working, discipline has become a battlefield and the enemy is coming at you from every angle. The only weapon available to you is down-on-your-knees "God, I can't do this without you" crying.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera