Miss Priss











{Friday, August 26, 2005} Ah The Joys Of Parenthood A.K.A. The Night From H*LL
*WARNING: This post contains information that may not be for the weak stomach.

Last night was so horrible in my house. It started out that I was feeling a bit sick to my stomach. There were several times I thought I was going to throw up, but I never did. Then right before I was about to go to bed, K. woke up and threw up all over herself and her bed. OMG THE SMELL!!! THE HORROR!!! I walked into her room and started to clean her up. Then I saw the clumps and the smell hit me. Suddenly I'm overcome with nauseousness and have to drop everything and run to my bathroom. I started wretching so hard my stomach hurt afterwards AND I woke R. and A. up and scared them. So while I'm in the bathroom taking care of business, J. strips K. and her bed. When I'm feeling a bit better I run K. a bath and proceed to wash her. I have to empty out the tub several times so all the throw up will drain away. Once I'm done with the bath K. is ready for bed again. I carry her to bed and lay her down and come back to the living room. Now I want to wait and make sure she is going to stay asleep.

Well it doesn't happen, 10 minutes after she goes down she's crying and throwing up again. This time I can handle it a bit better and I let J. give her a bath while I change bedding again. Now K. wants me to lay down with her but I just can't bring myself to stay too long. I'm too scared she's gonna blow again and I really don't want to be in the line of fire. J. and I are up until almost midnight (which is really late for us), trying to determine if K. is out for the night. Finally we decide to go to bed.

1 a.m. comes and I'm still awake. I can't sleep cause my stomach is so upset. Last I look at the clock it's near 1:45. Next thing I know K. is crying and throwing up again. I realize I fell asleep and had been dreaming about throw up. I'm thinking to myself "when will this nightmare end?" Now it's 3:30 a.m. and J. is refusing to get up. So I get up give K. another bath and change her bedding one more time. This time when I lay her back down I tell her that if she starts feeling sick again she NEEDS to go to the bathroom. There is no more blankets or sheets or pillows for her. Oh and now she's on her last pair of jammies too.

So I go back to bed and again can't fall asleep. I'm tossing and turning and then it's my turn to run to the bathroom to throw up. OMG what did I eat? I don't remember ingesting anything that color. I go back to bed and fall asleep. 4:00 K. wakes up again. This time she runs to the bathroom to rinse her mouth out. While doing this she proceeds to throw up in the bathroom sink. She wakes up everyone in the house, but we are all WAY TOO TIRED to get up. She finishes up and heads back to bed.

6:00 time to wake up for the day. OMG I feel like crap. I hardly slept and what little I did sleep I kept dreaming about vomit and cleaning it up over and over again. Not exactly what I would call a restful night. But of course K. is feeling wonderful now and is as perky as ever. She bounces into my room full of energy as I'm trying to drag myself out of bed. I have been so UNPRODUCTIVE today and all I want to do is lay on the couch and sleep the day away.

Now it's night the kids are in bed and I think I'm going to go to bed and die for the night.


1 Comments:


Blogger CozyMama said...

OMG, you poor thing. I have been thru nights like that with my 2 boys! I am just as bad or maybe worse about vomit. Even talking about it makes me gag. Glad it is over and I am amazed no one else commented!! People love this stuff, it's like a car wreck, LOL.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera