Miss Priss











{Wednesday, August 24, 2005} RSVP
Why do you think people put "RSVP" on invitations? Is it because it looks nice, or because it's the thing to do? I'd like to think that it's put on there for a reason. At least when I put it on an invitation it's for a reason. So then WHY is it that I sent out invitations for my kids' birthday party last week, and they had RSVP by yesterday on them, am I getting RSVP's today instead? Did you not see the date? Do you not realize that I had that particular date on there for a reason? I can't tell you how annoying it is that this is happening. And I KNOW it's not because people got the invitations late, I HAND DELIVERED THEM for godsakes.

Now I have to go back to the law enforcement desk and see if they'll let me update my guest list for Sunday. I hope and pray they will because I really don't want to be driving back and forth from my house to the gate all day to let people in.


7 Comments:


Blogger Tracy S said...

I think people this day and age are just a tad inconsiderate ..I have the same issues with RSVP.I had that problem with my wedding and I was trying to plan a catered dinner ...It must not be the "in" thing to get back with people ...It is indeed frustrating ...

Thanks for stopping by my blog .If you have any luck at all with the google talk stop by and let me know :)

9:26 PM  


Blogger Jessie said...

Maybe you should try setting an earlier "RSVP by" date. You know how people are, they just must and will do things AFTER they're supposed to.

2:32 AM  


Blogger lobo5747 said...

I agree hun. Don't take anymore RSVP's after today and tell them they should have been on the ball, cuz you HAVE to be in order to get them in.

4:20 PM  


Blogger Giu said...

It means "Respondez S'il Vous Plait" which literally translates into "Reply if you please" and it's considered polite to do just that. However, most people always seem to think that politeness is optional and that their host will jump whenever they say frog. *bah*

4:36 PM  


Blogger Queen of the Universe said...

I'm sorry to say that I've found that most folks do not believe children's parties to be real social obligations. I once had a parent tell me, "we're not sure if we're coming because we don't know if we'll have something else to do", ie, meaning something "better" to do. Gee thanks.

7:25 PM  


Blogger Tasha said...

That happens for my paries too! I don't get it. People do what they want anyway...

7:55 PM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that people who do't respond with their RSVP are extremely inconsiderate. Waiting 'til the last minute to respond is the heighth of ignorance, unless for some obscure reason it is necessary. Hosts need to be able to plan for guests. If people don't respond then they shouldn't have to be called, and if they arrive at the function wouldn't it be great if the function was cancelled because the magority of those invited didn't respond and they came to a function that was no longer being held! It would serve them right! But alas, the hurt feelings of the host and/or the person for whom the party was to be held for. One might find out just what kind of friends one really has.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera