Miss Priss











{Friday, September 02, 2005} It's mine if I want it
Well I went to that job interview yesterday. It seemed like a really cool place to work. My actual title would be receptionist, however I wouldn't just be answering phone calls, I would also be booking appointments for the stylists (did I mention this was a salon?), I would be helping them keep their work area clean, I would be passing out samples of food and drink (oh yeah it's a cafe too), including alcoholic beverages and I would be working the cash register for anyone who buys food/drink, has a salon service done OR buys one of their very unique greeting cards. Yeah this place had a little of everything. But it was a really cool atmosphere (except for the sweltering heat and all the flies) and it was very relaxed. Most of the women working there had on ripped up jeans and tank tops with no bras. Guess that's why about 70% of the the clients are men. LOL

Anyway, it only paid $6 an hour and I would never be able to cover child care for my three kids at that rate. So I told them nevermind. I came home a bit bummed out, but hey it's my first interview in over 3 years. I'm sure there are more that are gonna come my way. And yea as soon as I got home and checked my email I had an another company who wanted to set up an interview. Now I know this will be nothing like Laru Ni Hati (the place I went to yesterday) but it's comfortable for me. I'm very used to working in a formal office setting and dealing with medical insurance. So my interview is next Thursday, and I'm gonna need all the luck I can get.

BTW, thank you to everyone who sent me well wishes yesterday.


3 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez! a building housing a salon, that serves food/booze, and has a greeting card section? If I went in there, I'd never wanna leave! :)

I'm sorry it didn't offer enough money to make it practical for you to take the job. Keep hope.. there's got to be something that's right for you.

4:33 PM  


Blogger Melis said...

I wouldn't worry to awful much about the first interview. They say that it's not good to take the first one offered anyway. Good luck on your next interview! :)

6:33 PM  


Blogger CozyMama said...

That salon sounded cool!!! Good luck on the next interview! Melis is right, I know her! She linked to you thru my blog!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm 28. I'm married. I have 3 kids. I'm going crazy.


Blogs I Visit
Favorite Links


Previous Posts
Archives
Et Cetera